I spoke with a loan officer from Memphis, TN, Brian Thomas, who told me that I was pre-approved for a mortgage loan.During the process, whenever I had questions I would call, text and email and he would take up to a week to respond back to me or my realtor.

We had to push closing date back so many times, that at the time the Sellars reused to extend it again. Every week, I was asked for the same documents over and over; someone from their underwriters called me on conference to verify info on my student loans and a day later I was askedand had to send in documents of same questions that were already answered by student loan company. They told me that I qualified for down payment assistance, only to find out two days after I was supposed to close that they had my information wrong which disqualified me. When I asked how much was the down payment exactly, he could never give me an exact answer, by then the Seller backed out and no longer wanted to wait.

I wasted money on paying my earnest money, inspection, appraisal, and home buyers class.

This was a complete nightmare, for my first experience of trying to buy a home.I would NOT recommend this company to anyone!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of southwest funding mortgage. Southwest Funding needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned southwest funding mortgage in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Southwest Funding.

Comments

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #1152957

I had the same problem with Brian Thomas but when I called the local manager at Southwest Funding my file was switched to a lady who was very knowledgable and responsive. We ended up closing on our home and it's been great ever since.

to Anonymous Memphis, Tennessee, United States #1159317

Not sure what you guys situation was, but he did a great job for me and kept me informed every step of the way. To me, Brian Thomas went over and beyond his duties as my loan officer to get my loan done.